Who is Eligible for WCCU Membership?
Western Cooperative Credit Union is a community-chartered credit union. In order to qualify for membership, the individual or business must be located within our field of membership, which is:
- a 75-mile radius around Williston, ND; or
- a 50-mile radius around Dickinson, ND; or
- a 50-mile radius around Hebron, ND; or
- a 75-mile radius around Beach, ND; or
- a 50-mile radius around Glen Ullin, ND; or
- a 75-mile radius around Ray, ND.
Those belonging to a member's family, including: spouses, children, stepchildren, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchild, stepparents, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships.
Once a person becomes a member, their membership continues until they close their account.
How can I become a member?
If you are interested in joining WCCU, please stop by any office of WCCU. If you are eligible for membership, you will be required to present 2 forms of identification, and a minimum of $5.00 must be deposited into a regular share (savings) account.
Two forms of identification are required under the Patriot Act to open an account and become a member:
- Valid state or federal issued ID with picture and signature (e.g. Driver’s License, State Identification, Military Identification, and Passport)
- Second form of identification. (e.g. Social Security card)
- For a minor account you must present a social security card and state issued birth certificate
Four pieces of information required by CIP regulation [Section 103.121(b)(2)(i)(A)]:
- Date of Birth
- Physical permanent address
- Identification number
If neither ID has a permanent physical address, we require a statement that includes your permanent physical address (e.g. utility bill, phone bill, rental agreement, hunter's safety card, or paycheck)
Once you join the credit union, you may always remain a member! Once a member, always a member!